“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” -Proverbs 31:25 (Verse speaks of wisdom…but reminds me of mom….)
Monday’s are like… never mind. 🙂
Just dropping a quick post to list some of the ways my mom is strong:
- She has been on hospice for a long time now.
- They have thought she was done/close to being done a few times including once when they let us stay with her during the worst of the COVID lockdowns out of respect for the family.
- She has had the disease since 2009…at last.
- She will still smile.
- She played the piano for months after she ceased to be able to talk.
- She helped raise me and my siblings….that, in and of itself, is proof enough.
Today was her 78th Birthday, and she marches on.
I love mom…
I hate dementia.