Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. –Deuteronomy 6:4***
I don’t have time today for any real teaching on the blog. I am prepping all day for the run, for a wedding and for a funeral. However, next week I have some pretty good ideas for topics. The following huge announcements (some more than others) may tweak my schedule again as I have some media events in the works:
- The FDA makes its all-knowing pronouncement on the approval or otherwise of Aducanumab on Monday. This on again, off again drug does show some promise as a life extending treatment, assuming that Beta Amyloid is the desired Boogie Man. However, there are many who say that the bad outweighs the good, including the writer this important piece: LINK. I have read, with interest, all I can on this drug and am still 50/50. I, personally, am NOT 100% convinced that Beta Amyloids are the/a cause of dementia, but they could be a side effect/proof instead. Much like a scar isn’t the injury. But it could be…
- Sad announcement: after one week mom’s nursing home finally let us in for visits, they had another unvaccinated employee test positive. 🙁 At 40% vaccinated employees and with cases AMONG THE NON VACCINATED booming in our area again, this is not surprising…but it sucks. Another few weeks…some of the last she has left, with nothing. No visits, no hugs, no reassuring words, no songs. 🙁 VERY frustrating that the Shawshank lockdown continues……
- I soon will have a “commercial” for my Runnin’ Til I’m Purple project. My friend Mike, his son, and I spent some time yesterday filming with his drone. It looked very cool despite the fact that it was me being filmed. I am working on some ground shots and I will post bit here first. 🙂
- On a related note: I am starting work right now for Runnin’ Til I’m Perfect II: Dad Bod’s March to Chesapeake. NEXT June I will attempt, injuries notwithstanding, to run from Bolivar on the Frisco Highline Trail then down Route 66 for a bit, then to mom’s hometown of Chesapeake, Mo and to the cemetery that she will undoubtedly be home to by then. My favorite piece I have written at the Cornbread Table was called Spring Dreaming and shows mom at her favorite place. Here is that link: LINK This run will be around 68-70 miles. I am hoping that I can complete it in the daylight hours, but its trek will be a little more challenging. I think I may, instead, do it in 2 full days so I can stop and smell the roses…and camp somewhere along the way. Here is one version of a potential added half of the run after 37.5 trail run:
- Last and most exciting announcement!!!: We made it to our $5280 goal and still have the shirt money and 13 days of donations yet to collect!!! WOOT!!!! Thank you to the many, many who have donated. Thank you big donors, thank you small donors, thank you non-donors who pray, thank you to those sending good vibes, and thank you to all of you not listed 😉 !!! This number is soooo special to mom and, thru her love, to me. I will do my best to make you proud 2 weeks from tomorrow!!! I will do Facebook live at least some of the run…maybe do some Q&A so you can question my sanity. 🙂 WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!
That’s all I have for you today. 🙂 Keep donating, keep serving folks where you can, keep calling your legislators, keep praying, and keep on fighting to #EndALZ Have a great weekend!
***(Note: this verse above is the essence of Judaism. They used it in liturgy and in other ways. See: The Shema)