Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. –Mark 11:23
Happy Monday, to all! Thanksgiving week is here and we all have reasons to be thankful!!! I have far more reasons to be thankful than I deserve and that I recognize. Even in the world of mom’s dementia, I have lots to be thankful for. Here is a partial list:
- Mom’s sense of humor even as things began to unravel:
2. Mom’s piano blessings to all around the memory unit. Folks would flood the activity area to hear mom play. Folks that would seldom, if ever, speak, sang with joy. Here are a few videos of the many:
One Day at a Time:
In the Garden:
He Touched Me:
Mansion over the Hilltop:
3. Her kindness:
4. The slick dance moves and sense of humor:
5. Laughs and general silliness:
6. And a dang good childhood and on to today. My folks made (and make) a huge impact on my life. 🙂 Whether playing catch with me, tending to one of many wounds, working to provide for us, or just being there, we are and were blessed beyond measure by our parents.
So much to be thankful for…so much! We can’t let dementia take that from us. Mom won’t have it and we shouldn’t either. Keep fighting, folks, until we finally #EndALZ .
Here is a krcgtv.com piece I was fortunate to be in:
Update: Nothing much new to report. I video chat with Mom Wednesday. Hopefully the first week of December we will get an outdoor visit.