Day 2 of saying that I am on vacation and will be doing reruns this week. 😉 So much for that…
Just a quick thought…more of a question really, I suppose. I have had a recurring nightmare for about 20 years now. It isn’t every day. It may be a monthly thing or after I eat Taco Bell…no telling when and where it may appear, but it does and will appear. Here is a pretty close template:
I am walking very quickly in the halls of my old high school, looking for a specific class or room. I am going up the hall against the traffic and sticking my head in each room, trying to figure out if it is the right room fr a class I am late to. Periodically I forget which class I seek and/or discover that I am in the wrong building or the wrong school completely.
- I arrive, but forgot my book.
- I arrive, but forgot one shoe
- I arrive, but forgot my pants
- I arrive, but there are no seats…then I discover I am in the wrong room
- I arrive, but I brought my cat
- I arrive as the teacher passes out a test on a subject I am clueless about. Say, blogging.
- I never arrive and just fall over
- People speak in another language. Couldn’t be German…noooo….it is something like Swahili.
My question: Why do recurring nightmares happen? It kind of makes sense now, with mom in the state that she is in, but why a few years ago? Is it all chemical? Could it be me being prepped for having dementia someday? That is a real possibility that I am not 20 years away from my turn, minus a cure. I mean…I knew that school like the back of my hand. I would have never gotten lost there… Is it just stress? It is nearly lucid too…if that is a thing. I can decide things to ask and make direction choices, but it is not completely free willed, if you will.
Bottom line: I don’t like it at all… I do know that.
No telling. Probably much ado about nothing. Thanks for your take, in advance. 🙂
Update: Didn’t get to video chat with mom and it appears every session time is booked. Kind of demoralizing, but I will keep trying. All seems ok, as far as I can tell…