What a world we live in! Enormous, but a pea compared to other planets. Tilted and spinning just right. Not too close nor too far from our sun, the ever-present flaming ball of fire that lights and is used to sustain us with nutrients and heat. (Note: enjoy the sun’s benefits, but don’t look at it too long. Within 2 minutes of gazing directly at it and your retinas will sizzle.) The sea ebbs and flows in tides and we probably don’t even think about what difference it makes. Everything in all of creation seems to obey His commands just fine (oh, except us…we tend to shake our fists at Him.).
Consider with me some things that only God in His omnipresence sees and/or appreciates:
- That lone, procrastinating ruby-throated hummingbird who lagged behind just enough to struggle to keep up with the rest of the cool migrating H-bird kids. Sure, these marvels must eat the equivalent of 1300 McDoubles to have enough energy to flap so hard and 15 gallons of water to stay hydrated enough and avoid the internal inferno (estimated 700+ degrees) that would ensue from burning said calories, but Mark the chubby hummingbird went ahead and large-sized those value meals and swapped the water for Diet Dr. Pepper and snagged 1,200 hot apple pies, so he is struggling. However, the Lord is watching after him and appreciates his effort while explaining the errors of his way.
- Speaking of weird eaters, there are creatures in the shallows and in the deepest trenches of the deepest oceans that exist to eat poisonous sulfur as a daily Thanksgiving meal. The Lord smiles on them with gladness as they are used by Him to sustain us.
- How about the giraffe? Yup…the Lord approves of this gem too. He can run over 30 MPH (!!). Not bad for a 10-20 foot tall leopard horse thing. To accommodate such a weird body, she as a heart that is around two feet long. This super muscle is able to pump the blood uphill seemingly miles to the little brain at the end of the track. Oops…what if he bends down to pick up a tasty morsel on the ground and the jet engine that was pushing uphill now pushes down hill? If I was Creator, it would have blown blood out of his noggin like a fountain, killing him instantly. Thankfully, his Sustainer put little back-flow valves in the track that activate only when necessary. Therefore he lives and God smiles.
- There are other novel looking animals too…and there are probably countless that we have never seen! Bigfoot? Who knows??? Nessie? Wouldn’t surprise me. Chupacabra? Where there’s smoke, there could be fire. Who knows??? He does.
- What about other creatures? How about a plant that eats bugs? Check!
- Strange plants everywhere…many undoubtedly we have never seen in human history…but sustained and smiled upon by the Savior.
- Want some stuff that is cool that isn’t living? I can envision the Lord watching the little, swirling eddy of a creek with spins of color and temperature changes regulated by the forces of
natureHim who created it all. Oh, look…an acorn floated by and got caught in the eddy. The bass swims up, eats the acorn…then spits it out preferring, instead, the mayfly that He will provide later.
- He sees the rock fall from the mountain, gather steam as it ascends and stops just shy of the highway at His command…or doesn’t…but still at His command. His plan is vast and focused on His glory and majesty, not my convenience, happiness, health or the like. The story is HIS-story and we get to be involved and be with Him forever someday. 🙂
- How about the vastness of space? Astronomy and the Bible tells us that the stars are pretty much uncountable. Huge is eensy weensy as an adjective. What do we contribute to this vast vacuum? Well, I suppose we sent a few satellites a few planets away and we have started filling the near space with junk that we have left behind. You’re welcome, Lord.
- He sees the snowflake, a bunch of which I am watching from my desk as I type, and watches very little appendage on its structure, smiling at its complexity but knowing that He is limitless much more than the number of snowflake shapes.
My point? Christian struggling with the disease or as a caregiver for a loved one, please know and NEVER FORGET that the Lord cares and loves you!. 2,000 years ago He entered human history, HIS-story, took on flesh as 100% man while remaining 100% God. Sure He had seen struggles of fat hummingbirds, hungry flytraps and the like all from afar…and knew and understood them perfectly. But, at His taking on flesh, He walked with us, the pinnacle of His creation, He has sat with His cherished image-bearers when they were struggling, and He wept. Today He intercedes to the Father… and He draws near to those suffering, knowing the struggle both by seeing from afar and from having traveled on Earth Himself. He is our truly and perfectly sympathetic Savior. Behold Him anew today. He loves you and He cares.
Update: Mom is being cared for and is doing the same as she has been the last couple months. I am very thankful. The same God who watches over her now did a year ago when times were hard and He loved her and us as much then as well. It is a somewhat hard reality (selfishly), but my lack of understanding doesn’t change the truth. Someday we shall both walk with Him in heaven and we can discuss it further. Until then, not my (cruddy) will, but Yours be done. And, thank you for your Creation!